Tootle-too! The flute is playing, and Pikachu is doing the Lion Dance. Pikachu is dancing with all its might, hoping for a healthy year to come. Look, everyone is following Pikachu’s lead in the dance! This will be a wonderful new year.
This Pikachu is a Pokémon Center Original! This special plush is part of the Pikachu Celebrations collection, where Pikachu celebrates seasonal annual events! Look forward to more Pikachu Celebrations plush!
Lion Dancers in Japan
- The lion dance is often performed at the beginning of the year. Long ago, the lion dance—called “shishimai” or “shishi odori” in Japanese—was performed to scare evil spirits away and protect people from them.
- Today, the shishimai dance is often performed to celebrate holidays and positive events, because it represents or brings good luck.
- Pikachu is wearing the traditional shishimai dancer outfit with an Entei headwear (a Pokémon style lion dancer outfit) and silky green cape.
- Pikachu wearing a Lion Dancer costume!
- Stands 7 3/4" tall
- Part of the Pikachu Celebrations collection
- Pokémon Center Original
- Care Instructions: Surface Wash only
- Item Dimensions: 7.8 x 6 x 3 inches
- Country Of Origin: Made in China.
- Materials: All new material / Polyester Fiber / Polyurethane Foam
- Recommended Age: 4 + years