Tootle-too! The flute is playing, and Pikachu is doing the Lion Dance. Pikachu is dancing with all its might, hoping for a healthy year to come. Look, everyone is following Pikachu’s lead in the dance! This will be a wonderful new year.
This Pikachu is a Pokémon Center Original! This special plush is part of the Pikachu Celebrations collection, where Pikachu celebrates seasonal annual events! Look forward to more Pikachu Celebrations plush!
Lion Dancers in Japan
- The lion dance is often performed at the beginning of the year. Long ago, the lion dance-called “shishimai” or “shishi odori” in Japanese-was performed to scare evil spirits away and protect people from them.
- Today, the shishimai dance is often performed to celebrate holidays and positive events, because it represents or brings good luck.
- Pikachu is wearing the traditional shishimai dancer outfit with an Entei headwear (a Pokémon style lion dancer outfit) and silky green cape.
- Pikachu wearing a Lion Dancer costume!
- Stands 7 3/4" tall
- Part of the Pikachu Celebrations collection
- Pokémon Center Original
- Care Instructions: Surface Wash only
- Item Dimensions: 7.8 x 6 x 3 inches
- Country Of Origin: Made in China.
- Materials: All new material / Polyester Fiber / Polyurethane Foam
- Recommended Age: 4 + years